Comforting words for Prisoners

Are you looking for encouraging words for inmates or encouraging poems for inmates and prisoners? If so, I want to personally thank you for caring!

When I went to jail I didn't have no one to comfort me. I wished I had someone to visit maybe send a letter with some comforting words in it. I prayed for someone to help me overcome the loneliness and despair I was feeling. Unfortunately, there was no one to come to my rescue except the Lord! He and my mother provided comfort while I was in prison. 

This poem is for inmates and prisoners in jails and prisons everywhere. This poem is for those who have been forsaken by friends, family members, church members, and the goverment!

God heard my prayers and gave me these words to share with the world. Please support Save a Child's life in Uganda!

 

                                                                            
The Lord Comforted Me In Prison

When they sent me to the place 
where the forgotten are kept, 
I wrote many letters asking for help. 
I explained how difficult it is being confined
And that loneliness was the worst part of doing time.
 I also explained why
My freedom was taken away, 
and asked if they could please send an
encouraging word to help brighten my day. 
But no one showed compassion
about the things I had to say. 
They read them and then threw my letters away. 
O Lord, if this were a test not one of them would have passed, 
if Your own people won’t help me 
than who in this world can I ask?

“Behold, I shall not hide from anyone who calls to Me for help, 
including My sheep that’s locked away where all the forgotten are kept. 
Lo, I shall give a testimony about My sheep who are confined to cells, 
           it’s about the ones perishing away sitting in prisons and county jails. 
From East to West, these sheep have been despised 
and rejected because of the laws of man,  
but I declare, I have not found greater faith among My people 
who are Living in the land.  
They have been bound, forsaken, cast down, and have
utterly been put to shame, 
and in spite of all this, they still Worship and
praise My Name.  
Many are in despair because of being confined,
 but if they had a word of encouragement they would all be fine.  
They pray continually asking Me why are they being treated this way,  
wherefore, here’s what shall happen at Judgment in the last day: 
I shall gather and separate all the People and put the wicked group to itself, 
and I shall speak these words to the people standing on My left: 
When I was hungry and thirsty, 
you people refused to feed or give Me water, 
but because you didn’t help Me while in prison, 
My stay there was much harder! 
Then the self-righteous will cry Out saying-
‘we didn’t know Our Lord had such a need, 
if we did, we would have surely taken heed.’ 
But I shall say, when you did it to the least of My sheep, 
you did it to Me, 
though you had no money, 
you could have given an encouraging word for free!
Then I shall command My angels to put them all to death,
 but They shall only take the wicked group standing to My left. 
Therefore, Blessed are those who have keep feeding My herd, 
My sheep shall be comforted if they are given an encouraging word.”
Inspired:
Matthew 24:35-40, Isaiah 42:22-23, 61:1, Ezekiel 34:1-31, Mark 4:11-12, Jeremiah 10:21, 11:3, II Chronicles 16:9, Proverb 20:9
Tim Gillam

Please support Someone Cares Prison Ministry by purchasing our Christain poem booklet. The proceeds are used to help Save a Child Program in Uganda!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What kind of Poems DoYou Like?

Loading...

Popular Posts

View Older Posting

My Testimony

My Photo

                    

                           


    

                 Inspirational and Spiritual Poetry

We all need inspiration and encouragement. Sometimes just a kind word can be a blessing and it can help us get  through our darkness hour!! During those struggling times, I try to find some inspiring words to share and comfort. A good encouraging word can turn someones life around.

"He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted and proclaim LIBERTY to the captives."
Isaiah 61:1

                                  My Testimony 

I was born and raised in Detroit MI. I grew up in an unstable home. My father physically and mentally abused my mother. His abusiveness had an adverse effect on me as well as my siblings. It caused homelessness and a lot of mental anguish. It also caused a great deal of hardship and grief.

As a result, I did not attend school regularly. I developed a leaning disability. I did not like going to school. I could not read and comprehend like other kids in elementary. I struggled though middle school and eventually dropped out in the 9th grade.

 I did not get involved in any criminal activity during this time, but I wasn’t doing anything constructive with my life either. I was not interested in sports or anything else that would make my life better.

 I began smoking marijuana at around sixteen years old. I tried alcohol, but didn’t like the taste or the feeling of being drunk. So I stuck with smoking weed until I meet crack in 1984.

 My life quickly grew out of control. I lied, cheated, and stole to support my crack habit. My only purpose in life was to get high. I lost friends and family members trust and respect. Getting high was all that mattered to me.

 At twenty-seven, I committed my first felony that lead me to prison. It was one of the worse experience s of my life. I was completely lost and did not know or understand just how serious things were.

 As result of my insanity, I went to prison several more times. My last visit was indeed the lowliest and darkest periods in my life. I lost all hope about myself. Despair became my best friend as I sit in the cold jail cell. I thought of ways to end my life because I did not want to go through the pain and suffering anymore. But at my lowest moment, something happened. The Lord came and touched my heart and gave me a reason to continue on.

Today, I use my experience to help inspire and uplift others. I want my poems to glory God and give encouragement and inspiration to the "Brokenhearted"

 Tim's Personalized Greeting Cards© We create and design inspirational products such as greeting cards, and inspirational plaques. Our goals are, but limited to: quality, satisfaction, and trust. We are committed in bringing a smiling heart to our supporters!

 We also compose sentiments especially for your particular need. We believe that words are the foundation of life. Therefore, we put great emphasis on the sentiments used in our products. 

 I personally guarantee your heart will be filled with joy, happiness, and encouragement after reading one of our cards! When you support this ministry it helps us to bless others.

                  Thanks for your support!                    

                    Like us on Facebook:

  1.             A SPECIAL HARVEST
  2.             JUST DO IT
  3.              FEAR NOT
  4.             A WORD CALLED LOVE

                            Matthew 25:35-40

                                             

 

Follow us on Twitter!

Our most popular posts

God is calling on the world to repent!

Our Associates

God's Rappers From Uganda